in association with Lancereau & Meyniel Architectes
Collaborators : Marie Thibaut, Estelle Fort, Nicolas Lancereau
3D Images : Pix and Toast
Client : Région Poitou Charentes direction des lycées
Programme : Multipurpose room, library and classrooms
Surface : 4000 sqm
Budget : 6.2 M euros HT
Status : Restricted competition, First Prize
The starting point of this project is based on a real formal simplicity, which complements the overall position of origin, rebalancing the existing High School public spaces with the new south entrance.
The insertion of the new building is established on two scales:
- The overall orthogonal volume joins the existing re-qualified outside areas, reorganizing between existent and new: access, service between buildings, pergola, and courtyard.
- A floor space, worked with oblique geometry lines which express different pedestrian flows between the existent in and out doors circulations and new facilities.
High Environment Quality Principe :
- The inscription of this new set in its environment,
- The eco-construction as regards the choice of material, with an important resort on wood,
- Taking into account the construction nuisance,
- Target comfort users
- Reducing energy, optimizing summer-winter comfort, the use of high-performance solutions in heating and ventilation, solar equipments