Lycée Aliénor d’Aquitaine at Poitiers, France
Program: High school extension , multi-purpose room, informatic room et classrooms
Client: Région Poitou Charentes - direction des lycées
Area: 4000 sqm
Budget: 6.2 M euros HT Phase: Competition – First Price – Building permit and DCE
The architectural posture of this project is based on a high simplicity of form, which completes the original building composition, rebalancing the existing High School public spaces with the new south entrance.
The insertion of the new building is established on two scales:
- The overall orthogonal volumetry joins the existing re-qualified outside areas, reorganizing between existing and new: access, service between buildings, pergola, and courtyard.
- A floor space, worked with oblique geometry lines that express different pedestrian flows between the existing indoor and outdoor circulations and new facilities.
High Environment Quality Principle:
- The inscription of this new set in its environment,
- The eco-construction as regards the choice of materials, with an important resort on wood,
- Taking into account the construction nuisance,
- Targeting users’ comfort
- Reducing energy, optimizing summer-winter comfort, the use of high-performance solutions in heating and ventilation, solar equipment